Waxing, for both men and women is an amazing alternative for when laser hair removal is not an option. Besides the fact that waxing removes the hairs from the root, therefore giving you an incredibly smooth finish for up to 4 weeks, it has a multitude of other benefits that are often overlooked.
What You Need to Know
With shaving, the hairs are cut off close to skin level. Even with a very close shave, this still leaves a considerable amount of the hair just below the surface ready to appear in a day or two. This is really important to understand if you are considering whether waxing is better than shaving.
As a result, with waxing you get an incredibly smooth finish. No post-shower stubble or missed areas! Even those who experience fast regrowth can expect to enjoy the benefits of waxing for 3-4 weeks. At our studio, we carry multiple different waxes to suit our clients skin types such as (but not limited to) azulene wax and wax for sensitive skins.
We can treat all regions of the body has well as the face, for all persons. The most common areas include underarms, groin region, legs, arms, back, upper lip, sideburns, beard, and chest. It is to be noted that we offer different packages, and it is possible to treat one or more areas during the same session.
Cost of Treatment
Prices vary according to the areas treated. Every treatment plan is unique & tailored to your needs to help you achieve your best self. During our free and no-commitment consultations, our specialists are here to listen and give you all the information you need to make knowledgeable choices.
- Do not shave or pluck. If there is not at least a quarter inch of hair, the wax can not grab it.
- Exfoliate and shower prior to your appointment.Use a manual body buff or a scrub to remove dead skin cells from the region to be treated.
- Wear loose and comfortable cotton clothing to your appointment, as tight or lacy clothes can irritate freshly waxed skin.
- It is possible to use a pain reliever before your appointment, but please avoid all blood thinners such as alcohol, Tylenol etc.
- Avoid scheduling your wax around the time of your period, when skin can be more sensitive.
- Avoid sun exposure in the waxed region(s) for the first 4 hours.
- Stick with gentle, fragrance-free body washes and creams for the first few days after your waxing appointment.
- Take showers instead of baths and avoid swimming for the first 48 hours after your appointment.
- Avoid any activities that may cause excessive sweating and chafing from friction on the extra-delicate skin.
- Wait at least 48 hours after your waxing appointment before booking a spray tan.
- If needed, soothe the waxed regions with pure Aloe Vera gel or Neosporin.
- Avoid shaving in between appointments.
The best thing you can do to make waxing as pain-free as possible is to do it regularly. Over time, your hair will grow less thick and coarse making your future appointments easier. Depending on hair type, most clients book their wax appointment every 3-4 weeks. Set up a standing appointment and stick to it, and you’ll be much happier with the results !
Waxing is not suitable for clients taking Accutane and is not recommended for clients taking Retin A, Renova, Differin or other types of skin thinning acne medications and bleaching agents for skin or hair. Kindly advise your technician if you are currently taking oral or topical antibiotics or are using other chemical exfoliants or chemical depilatories. Please note that moles,sunburned, irritated or areas with open skin (wounds) cannot be waxed. You must wait a minimum of seven (7) days before waxing after a light chemical peel or Microdermabrasion and waxing cannot be performed if you have had a physician administered peel within the past two (2) years unless given the OK by your physician.