Collagen Induction Therapy
Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that helps reduce acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, fine lines, enlarged pores, sun damage, uneven skin tone and texture on both the face and the body.
How It Works
Microneedling involves the use of very fine sterile needles that create micro perforations at different depths to encourage production of collagen and elastin in the skin. These perforations are not visible and are created in a controlled and precise manner to activate the skin’s natural regenerative process, whilst allowing the skin to better permeate the professional serums used after the treatment. This new tissue is, in turn, firmer and even in tone and texture.
Your technician will apply a lidocaine-based anesthetic gel before your treatment to reduce any discomfort.
Collagen & Elasticity
Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body and plays a major structural role in the biochemical makeup of the skin. It’s what gives the skin its strength, hydration, and elasticity.
Collagen production starts to decline around 25 years of age, decreasing approximately 1-2% per year afterward. Loss of collagen and elastin can be due to age, injury or natural processes such as blemishes or stretching due to pregnancy or other.
Microneedling can be done both on the face and body for areas with scars and stretchmarks.
Cost of Treatment
Prices vary according to the areas treated and number of sessions required. Every treatment plan is unique & tailored to your needs to help you achieve your best self. During our free and no-commitment consultation, our specialists are here to listen and give you all the information you need to make knowledgeable choices.
Starting at 135$
1) To avoid irritation and sensitivity, we ask that you to avoid waxing, including other hair removal services, for at least 3 days prior to, and 3-5 days following, the treatment (4-6 weeks for laser).
2) Avoid aspirin (Bufferin) and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for one week before the
procedure. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, aspirin and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections. These medications and supplements can increase your risk of bleeding and bruising during mesotherapy.
3) Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising).
4) Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
5) Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
6) If you have a history of cold sores, please let us know and use your anti-viral medication
prior to the treatment.
7) Must be at least 6 months post Accutane usage.
It is to be noted that this procedure does require a minimal downtime of 24 to 48 hours since some redness and peeling may occur during the skins natural healing process.
1) Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications as these may interfere with the natural inflammatory process that’s critical for your skin rejuvenation. A painkiller such as Tylenol is recommended for any soreness.
2) Immediately change your pillowcase when arriving home.
3) No makeup for at least 48 hours post-treatment & CLEAN YOUR BRUSHES prior to your 1st post-treatment application.
4) Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks. After 24 hours, always use sunblock (30 SPF or higher) & wear a hat if you’re outside.
5) Avoid swimming pools, saunas, & sweaty situations including intense workouts at the gym, to protect your newly treated skin. After 72 hours have passed, you may be able to resume these activities.
6) Avoid skincare products with active ingredients such as Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acids, Retinol (Vitamin A), and Vitamin C (in low pH formula) for a minimum of three days post treatment.
7) Avoid the excess consumption of alcohol or salts.
Optimal results can be seen 4 to 6 weeks or 2 to 3 months following the procedure, depending on the frequency of the treatments received and the skin’s natural regeneration process. Your technician will help you develop a customized treatment plan in order to achieve your skincare goals.
This treatment cannot be performed on individuals who are pregnant/nursing, have HIV/AIDS, have cancer or are currently undergoing chemotherapy or immune therapy, have uncontrolled high blood pressure, who are insulin dependent diabetics, who are currently taking Prednisone and other steroid medications (treatment will increase inflammation), who have heart problems, have hemorrhagic diseases, trauma or bleeding, Scleroderma, who have a family history of hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation, Solar Keratosis, who are currently taking Anticoagulants/Blood thinners (including but limited to Warfarin or aspirin), nickel or stainless steel allergies and active acne. We would require a doctor’s letter of approval for individuals who have or have had: Epilepsy, who are on Transplant Anti-Rejection Drugs, Thyroid Disease, Heart Disease, Hypertension (High blood pressure treated with medication) and who are at least 12 months clear from Cancer or other illnesses that cause immunodeficiencies.