Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to deeply exfoliate the skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. This treatment not only provides our clients with an instant glow and refreshed appearance, but it also helps stimulate collagen production, resulting in a more youthful looking complexion.
How It Works
This exfoliation method rids the skin of build up and debris, encourages cellular turnover and increases the permeability of products applied after this procedure. Done with a handheld mechanical diamond-tipped instrument with vacuum suction, this treatment is non-invasive, gentle and it requires no topical anesthetic. This type of skin treatment is used to treat light scarring, mild hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores, sun damage and superficial stretch marks. It’s an ideal procedure to be done before an event to even out skin texture and tone.
This treatment can be done on the face as well as the body for individuals who desire even and smooth skin in texture and colour.
Cost of Treatment
Prices vary according to the areas treated and number of sessions required. Every treatment plan is unique & tailored to your needs to help you achieve your best self. During our free and no-commitment consultation, our specialists are here to listen and give you all the information you need to make knowledgeable choices.
Starting at 85$
1) Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating products 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) prior to your treatment.
2) Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least 2 weeks before the treatment.
3) You must not have recently had surgery or used Accutane.
4) Candidates who have had a recent chemical peel or other skin procedure, such as collagen injections, should wait two to three weeks before undergoing microdermabrasion.
5) Prospective patients should also refrain from waxing or tanning the skin to be treated for a few weeks prior to microdermabrasion treatment.
6) Avoid aspirin (Bufferin) and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for one week before the procedure. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, aspirin and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling.
7) Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising).
8) To avoid irritation and sensitivity, we ask that you to avoid waxing, including other hair removal services (6 weeks for laser on the face), for at least 3 days prior to, and 3-5 days following, the treatment.
Post Care for Optimal Results
1) Although this treatment does not require any downtime, we do recommend using gentle cleansers and postponing the application of makeup for the first 24 hours and cleaning your makeup brushes prior to the first post-treatment application. Always use SPF of 30 or above.
2) Keep the new skin clean and moisturized.
3) Anti-inflammatory creams or cold compresses may be used as necessary.
4) Trauma such as scratching or picking the treated area should be avoided.
5) It is important to avoid irritatig the treated skin with harsh chemicals, rubbing or tanning for one week.
6) Although some peeling may occur in the treated areas, moisturizer should help minimize this effect.
8) Avoid staying in the sun for at least 7 days after the microdermabrasion treatment to prevent UV rays from damaging your skin which slows down the recovery.
9) Patients who absolutely cannot avoid sun exposure should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
10) Do not use glycolic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, benzyl peroxide or topical acne medications for 24-48 hours following treatment.
11) You may resume prescription retinoid products (Retin A, Renova, Tretinoin, Avita, Alustra or other brands f Tretinoin and other prescription retinoid products (Adapalene, Avage, Differin, Tazorac, Tazarotene) 3 - 7 days after your last microdermabrasion treatment or as instructed by your technician.
This procedure should not be performed on sunburnt, blistered, infected or broken skin. This treatment is not suitable for persons with immunodeficiency or suffering from cancer or undergoing chemotherapy or immunotherapy. Persons with diabetes, who suffer from blood illnesses, who are taking blood thinning or photosensitizing medications, who suffer from skin pigmentation issues and who are currently pregnant or nursing should not have this procedure done. We would require a doctor’s note from the following persons who have or have had the following conditions: Epilepsy, who are on or currently taking transplant Anti-Rejection Drugs, thyroid disease, heart disease, hypertension (High blood pressure treated with medication) and who are 12 months post cancer treatment. It is suggested to wait 4 weeks prior to having your microdermabrasion done after having done a chemical peel, a Carbon Laser Peel, or a radio frequency treatment. Furthermore, it is preferred to wait at least 6 months prior to having your microdermabrasion done after having done a medical chemical or laser peel, a laser skin resurfacing treatment or face lift at site of treatment.