Lip blush allows you wake up with picture-perfect, beautifully flushed lips without applying a stitch of lipstick, balm, or gloss. Lip blushing is a semi-permanent makeup technique that tints your lips using a cosmetic tattoo gun and PMU pigments. This procedure can be done in several styles, from the opaque permanent lipstick, shape-perfecting semi-permanent lip liner, or a sheer pop of color.
How It Works
This procedure is ideal for individuals who would like the illusion of fuller lips by defining them and enhancing them with pigment without changing their shape or feeling. On the other end, this technique can be used to correct any shape asymmetries, hide scars, correct uneven pigmentation, or neutralize the color of melanin-rich lips and even out their tone. The Lip Blush can be as prominent as the client desires, or it can be faded out for an ombré effect and can last anywhere from 2 to 4 years depending on the client’s cellular turnover.
After having your lips analyzed by our artist and having discussed the look you would like, the artist will numb the area with a topical anesthetic to minimize any discomfort you may have. Out of all permanent makeup applications, the lips offer the widest range of color possibilities, you will be able to pick from rosy tones, to peach and even delicate berries. At Studio Artista, we use the highest quality pigments such as the industry leading Tina Davies pigments. Their wide range of colours are vegan, cruelty-free, do not contain heavy metals and will not change colour with time.
Once numbed, the tattooing process starts. The artist will use an electric PMU gun to pierce the skin of your lips in numerous tiny dots and deposit the pigments into it. The color must be built up gradually for an amazing looking shaded-in color that can enhance your lip symmetry, cover uneven pigmentation or scars, and give you the illusion of bigger, fuller lips.
Cost of Treatment
Every treatment plan is unique & tailored to your needs to help you achieve your best self. During our free and no-commitment consultations, our specialists are here to listen and give you all the information you need to make knowledgeable choices.
1) Avoid any chemical peels, laser treatments or microdermabrasion 30 days prior to your appointment.
2) Make sure your lips are generally healthy and hydrated before your service, especially if you're prone to seasonal flakiness.
3) Botox and filler injections should be performed no less than 6 weeks prior to your appointment.
4) Must not be on any antibiotics.
5) No Retin A, chemical exfoliators, or Accutane within 30 days of your appointment.
6) Must not have had surgery done in the past 30 days
7) The use of sunbeds or sun exposure (tanning) less than two weeks before your appointment is forbidden. If you have a sunburn at the time of the appointment, you will have to be rescheduled.
8) Avoid waxing the upper lip weeks 2 prior to your appointment.
9) Avoid blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, aspirin, Aleve, NSAIDS, vitamin E, fish oil or vitamins unless medically necessary 48-72 hours before your scheduled appointment. We will require a doctor’s approval if on prescribed blood thinners.
10) Avoid working out at least 24 hours before your appointment.
11) No alcohol or caffeine at least 24 hours leading up to your appointment.
12) If desired, wear your everyday lip makeup if you choose to provide an idea of your preferred color and lip shape to your artist.
13) Please hydrate and eat a light meal the day of your appointment.
14) Avoid booking on your menstrual cycle if possible as it can increase sensitivity.
15) It is vital to take anti-viral medications before your procedure if you’re prone to cold sores. They can appear due to the trauma of tattooing and affect the healing process.
16) If you have any other conditions or diseases, please consult your doctor and check if you are a candidate for this treatment.
It is to be noted that the healing process post your first Lip Blush session can take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks depending on the individual. The first 10 days post procedure are incredibly important. Please follow these tips for optimum results:
1) Do not touch, rub, or scratch your freshly done lips, they may feel tender and appear a little red.
2) Avoid spicy foods.
3) It is essential to keep your lips dry and clean, meaning no possible situations where your brows will be exposed to dust and dirt, no physical activities that can cause excessive sweating, no saunas, swimming pools or long showers.
4) It is preferred to not wear any makeup on the area during the healing process as dirt can enter open skin.
5) Change your pillowcase as soon as you get home to avoid contamination.
6) Do not sleep on your face.
7) Avoid sun exposure and tanning
8) Avoid having any facial treatment done until the lips are completely healed.
9) Your lips will start scabbing after 1-3 days post procedure, this is completely normal, do not pick at the scabs and let them fall naturally.
10) Apply aftercare ointment daily as directed by your artist.
11) Once the scabbing is completely over, the lips will appear very light, and the desired color will start to slowly surface.
As previously mentioned, the skin does take some time to heal after a semi-permanent makeup session. During the healing period, your lips will go through several phases. At first, they may seem too dark, then they will start scabbing, and finally, they will lose some of the color. Rest assured that the colour does come back at the end of the healing period, but in certain cases it can be uneven and patchy, as some of the pigment could come off with the scabs. Keep in mind that everybody’s skin heals differently, and some clients might notice irregularities after the lips are completely healed. At our studio, we understand that quality results take time and dedication, that is why we include a complementary touch up 6 weeks after the initial session in our pricing. To understand the importance of the first touch up, think of the treatment as a 2-step process. The touch up is there to correct all the irregularities and redefine your lips. Its purpose is to add onto what may have faded during the healing period. It’s also an opportunity to make some modifications if the need may be. After your touch up, your results will last you anywhere from 2 to 4 years. To prolong the soft pigmented look of your lips, it is possible to schedule annual touch ups as desired.
It is to be noted that the skin must be free of all irritations including cold sores, blemishes, eczema, sunburns, and psoriasis to go through with this procedure. The client will have to reschedule their appointment if our pre-care guidelines have not been properly followed or they arrive to their appointment sick with a cold, flu, or viral/bacterial infection. It is a possibility that hormone therapies may affect pigmentation or cause sensitivity. Persons with liver disease (high risk of infection) who are Pregnant or nursing, compromised skin near brow area, who are going through or who have recently gone through chemotherapy or radiation, who have skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis, etc. are not suitable candidates for this procedure. The following medical conditions require a clearance note from your doctor: type 1 and 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure, auto-immune diseases, thyroid / Graves’ disease, and any other medical conditions that slow down the healing process or may produce a high risk of infection. This service should not be done on persons having had an allergic reaction to any form of pigment.